· 1 in 5 U.S. adults experience mental illness each year, and less than half of them receive treatment.
· 1 in 20 U.S. adults experience a serious mental illness each year, and less than two-thirds of them receive treatment.
· 1 in 6 U.S. youth experience a mental health condition each year, and only half of them receive treatment.
· 50% of all lifetime mental illness begins by age 14, and 75% by age 24.
· In 2020, there was a 31% increase in mental health-related emergency department visits among U.S. adolescents. Source: https://www.nami.org
Big Bend 211 - Dial 211 or (850) 617-6333 – Available 24/7
By dialing 2-1-1, you reach caring, trained counselors who can provide supportive counseling and information about and referrals to programs in the community.
Apalachee Mobile Response Team (MRT) - 800-342-0774 – Available 24/7
The MRT provides crisis intervention and emergency behavioral health assessments.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-TALK (8255) – Available 24/7
The Lifeline provides confidential support for people in distress, plus prevention and crisis resources. suicidepreventionlifeline.org
Crisis Text Line. Text CRISIS to 741741 – Available 24/7 crisistextline.org
911 **If someone is feeling overwhelmed with emotions like sadness, depression or anxiety, or feel if they want to harm themselves or others, call 911.