Title II, Part A
Title II, Part A is a federal entitlement. As part of the NCLB, there are very specific student achievement related purposes for this money. It's also important to note that this fund source is closely audited.
Please note that state statute and federal Title II Part A guidelines direct that these funds be utilized for teacher professional development only.
These funds may not be used for the purchase of textbooks or student materials. As in past years, you may use Title II, Part A for the following Professional Development expenditures:
- Stipends for professional development activities scheduled outside of the normal school day for which teachers are not already compensated (including participating in learning communities and compensation if teachers who serve as trainers)
- Training materials
- Compensation for the training services of outside consultants.
- Approved professional development travel in line with district criteria. Focused subject area institutes and the training of trainers of research based initiatives are examples of effective strategies which might require travel approval.
On-line Professional Development
- Teacher to Teacher Workshops http://www.paec.org/teacher2teacher/gettingstarted.asp
- PAEC http://www.paec.org/courses/
- Beacon Learning Center http://www.beaconlearningcenter.com/
- Teach in Florida http://teachinflorida.com/Default.aspx
- Reading Endorsement (Competencies) http://info.fldoe.org/dscgi/ds.py/Get/File-1004/ReadingEndorsement_Competencies.pdf
- Reading Endorsement (Requirements) http://www.justreadflorida.com/docs/endorse.pdf
- Alternative Certification Program http://www.altcertflorida.org/
- FTCE/FELE http://www.fl.nesinc.com/
- FTCE/FELE Program Information Flyer for 2010 http://docs.nesinc.com/FL/2010_FTCE_FELE_Program_Information_Flyer.pdf